Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Detroit or Ottawa? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  17:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who boos' Leaf fans the most? Leaf fans. :)

It gets ridiculous... seeing Leaf fans boo their home town team, night after night when they are not winning.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Guest4716
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  17:28:03  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

You traitors should be lined up against a wall and shot at sunrise!!!!!!

What the hell? You sound like a Soviet gulag guard or something. If anything gives away the fanaticism behind your "support the Leafs or you're a traitor" crap, it's this. I sure hope you weren't serious.

You seem to be confusing loyalty to a hockey team with loyalty to your country. There is a huge difference.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  17:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's even worse. It sounds like he's expressing his loyalty to Nik Antropov. It's a growing concern, but there is hope for a vaccine.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  22:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mission Accomplished. You darksiders are a hoot. Thanks for the entertainment. Leafs Rule!!!!! Goodnight..........Antroman.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9254
( )

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  05:05:56  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mission Accomplished. You darksiders are a hoot. Thanks for the entertainment. Leafs Rule!!!!! Goodnight..........Antroman.

Mission is accomplished....you've proven you're an idiot...
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  09:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To call me names like a Soviet Gulag Guard and an idiot is just your guilt ridden way of trying to justify in your mind why you have chosen to root for a foreign hockey team when you should be behind our own team. Thank goodness for the advent of the computer because it has enabled you darksiders a chance to sort of follow your far away dream teams to some extent. Anybody with a huge ego can pick some team other than our own to root for instead of standing behind their own. After all, maybe I should just start cheering for Anaheim now that they have won the cup and I could join up with the rest of you traitors and start slagging the Leafs. That would sure uncomplicate things for me wouldn't it? Maybe I could go shopping on Ebay for a Cup Championship Duck shirt to wear around town just to get attention and show all the Leaf fans how right I am and how much better I am than all you Leaf fans. Well, no thanks, I am going to stand by my team throughout my life as hard as it may be at times because it is the right, normal and honorable thing to do. Like I've written before, if you like your foreign teams so much then please do us all a favor and move there. You are no damn good to anybody around here.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9253
( )

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  11:54:13  Reply with Quote
first of all -most people in canada living in a city with an nhl hockey team will cheer for that team (bold statement i know) for instance i am from ottawa and cheering for ottawa

however if you have no team in your city does that mean you are unpatriotic etc? no. -even cheering for an american team that is geographically the closest to you makes perfect sense to me -and no matter what in that situation there is no 'hometown team' to be cheering for.

finally i kindof feel sorry for antroman now cause he has to be all patriotic for his team -the struggling leafs. have u ever thought of moving to ...say ottawa?

on second thought we don't want someone who is paranoid of american teams stealing our fans...no matter what is true that really isnt that serious a problem -if u still really feel that way after everyone else tries to convince you otherwise it is time to move on because theres on point in us wasting our time here
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  12:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Neither Detroit Or Ottawa because Toronto always cleans them in the playoffs and yes the Maples will make the post season this year and will blast the Dead Things in the finals for sure. Hey Deroit fans remember losing out to little Nick Borshevsky? Wait to you see big Nick Antropov!!!!

Wouldn't the leafs have to make the finals in order to play Detroit in the playoffs. Haha, good luck with that!.

Almost happenend in 2002, but unfortunately, the Leafs choked against Carolina, a team which Detroit beat 4-1 to win the Cup.

Just like a Leafs fan to bask in past glory. Next he'll be saying, we have more cups than you. Yeah, but were you alive for any of them? I've seen the Wings win 3 cups, in that time the Leafs haven't even made the finals.

Bring on Antropov, we'll let Cheli take care of him!

Wings are used to fly, Leaves only fall.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  12:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry got off topic there. To answer the question, I think Ottawa and Detroit both have talented teams, but Ottawa may be more talented.

However, I think Detroit will have more points at years end, mainly because they'll be playing 32 games against teams in their own division, probably the weakest in the league. I expect them to get atleast 40 points out of those games alone.

We may find out who the better team is in June, when they both play in the Finals.

Go Wings Go!

Go to Top of Page

Guest4716
( )

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  13:36:12  Reply with Quote
quote:

To call me names like a Soviet Gulag Guard and an idiot is just your guilt ridden way of trying to justify in your mind why you have chosen to root for a foreign hockey team

Actually it's just highlighting the stupidity behind your comments of "you traitors should be lined up and shot." Seriously, get a grip, rooting for a "foreign" team doesn't make someone a terrible person or something. It's a GAME, people.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  14:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this "Antroman" is from another planet. One that hasn't learned the skill of common sense. These "Antros", if I may, can form sentences, but are unable to refine them to less than 30 words. Anyway, there are plenty of Leafs' fans on this site, and I don't recall anyone who has posted having jumped the Ducks' bandwagon. Maybe you channelled your ideas through your tinfoil hat? Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  16:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Guest 1461. Spoken like a true rat!!!!! Grab a clue. The reason you are inundated with Leaf propaganda in newspapers and television etc is plainly because you live here and as hard as it is for you darksider traitors to understand this is our team and you are living amongst us. Weather the Leafs suck or not our loyalty does not waiver and like I wrote before if you want front page coverage of your far away dream team then you should move there. The Leafers are by far the most popular team in Southern Ontario and judging by the Leaf Jersys and cheers in other rinks across this country their popularity is pretty healthy their too. By the way, the brave captain and crew always go down with the ship much unlike the rats who abandon it and drown anyway. We are proud to be Leaf fans and proud that the symbol of our country is emblazened on our jerseys. You traitors should be lined up against a wall and shot at sunrise!!!!!!

Hey wouldn't that make them traitors then, because they are not cheering for the team closest to them?

Just a suggestion, THINK BEFORE YOU TALK!!!

Edited by - KariyaSelanne on 11/09/2007 16:18:34
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  22:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening gentlemen and all you darksiders as well. Sorry for my lapse in posting since this morning but I have been busy. First off there was the Howard Berger report on the Leafs this morning on the Fan 590 and The Leaf's Lunch from 12 to 1 on AM640 and and from 4 to 7 the Bill Waters Show on the same station. In between those shows I busied myself checking out the local newspaper sports sections regarding the Maples and there was allot to read as per usual. After the Water's Show it was on to Leafs TV for the pre-game and after that the slaying of the Buffalo's. Being a fan of your own team certainly has it's benefits doesn't it. Oh yea, I almost forgot, as a Soviet Gulag Guard I had to take part in the execution of few more incorrigable and troublesome foreign hockey team lovers arrested here in Southern Ontario. All in all a great day. Hey Leaf fans, 4 out of the last 5 road games were all victories!!!! How about that?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6643
( )

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  22:21:03  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

I believe that Ottawa is the better team. Better Depth on Defence. And they play in a harder division not like the Wings where they get some pretty easy wins.

Carolina played in the worst division in the league two years, did not stop them from winning the Cup.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  22:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Kariya/Salming.....You are absolutely correct those Leaf fans cheering against their hometown team are traitors as well but I have my hands full just taking care of our own incorrigables. I was only using that as a reference and do not condone that behavior regardless of where it takes place. I was glad to see the Leaf faithful helping the Sabres out with their sagging attendance this evening. It is too bad we can't get to play more games in Detroit because I'm sure the Leaf Nation would help good old "HockeyTown" out as well. It kinda' makes you feel good to be a Canadian and help out the foreign teams from time to time.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  22:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey OilinOntario........You asked what planet I was from? You criticized the Soviet Gulag guard for using more than thirty words? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.........You used 68 words in your complaint about me using more than thirty. Maybe you should be reassigned to Edmonton in return for one of your darksider Leaf fans?
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  22:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 4716 - You are absolutely correct, supporting a foreign team doesn't make them a bad person. Thay are simply "displaced".
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  01:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so maybe we should get some Mods to clean this topic up.

To answer the question I think whethor it is detriot or one of the other 7 teams that coemout of the west they will win. I simply believe the west is the superior conference and the stanley cup winner will be from there.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  07:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Question: Detroit or Ottawa? The Leafs will win the Stanley Cup. The reason is simple enough.........The Wings have not beaten the Leafs the last two times they played them before the Leafs were moved to the Eastern Conference. Both times the Wings were a top favourite and lost to the Mighty Maples. It is a good thing for Wing fans that we moved to the East or they wouldn't have any Cups. Secondly the Senators can't beat the Leafs in the playoffs period. There is no sense in belaboring that point? Like I predicted The Leafs will win the Cup next spring. Start Slow........Finish Fast. The Toronto Maple Leafs Express is starting to pick up speed darksiders. Your worst nightmare is about to befall you!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  10:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Question: Detroit or Ottawa? The Leafs will win the Stanley Cup. The reason is simple enough.........The Wings have not beaten the Leafs the last two times they played them before the Leafs were moved to the Eastern Conference. Both times the Wings were a top favourite and lost to the Mighty Maples. It is a good thing for Wing fans that we moved to the East or they wouldn't have any Cups. Secondly the Senators can't beat the Leafs in the playoffs period. There is no sense in belaboring that point? Like I predicted The Leafs will win the Cup next spring. Start Slow........Finish Fast. The Toronto Maple Leafs Express is starting to pick up speed darksiders. Your worst nightmare is about to befall you!!!!!!!!

Once again, as Mikhailova said before, what Leafs and what playoffs?

Oh, so the leafs can beat the Sens in the playoffs, but why can't they beat them in the season, why don't u answer that one? That was the past, this is the future, they beat them then but can they beat them now? You can't even predict that.

Edited by - KariyaSelanne on 11/10/2007 10:42:46
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  12:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well how about this as a stat. When was the last time the Leafs actually made the playoffs. I think you as a leaf fan are setting your goals too high. Make the finals and then talk smack.

Here's another stat for you. How many times have the leafs made the finals since 67? How about none.

How many times has Ottawa made the finals? One more than the leafs!

Detroit? 4 times. Carolina? Twice. Tampa? Once. Calgary, Twice. Shall I go on.

Toronto has gone 39 complete seasons without making the finals. That's the longest current drought. What a great winning team to cheer for.

There's still room on the Detroit band wagon if you want to jump on. But promise me you'll wear that Antropov jersey of yours!

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest1485
( )

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  14:25:20  Reply with Quote
hey antroman, lifelong rural albertan dwelling oilers fan here.
you need to have a sip of some of the morning coffee and check the calendar because this is not 1967 ( the last year those blue and white pieces of s*** sniffed anything close to the Stanely cup). exactly what great leafs team and what playoffs are you talking about? 1942? bill berliko? teeder kennedy?
HELLOOOOOO!!!! this maple leafs team hasnt been able ot hold anybodys jock in the playoffs the last few years!!!
have they made the finals in the last forty years? oh right, NOOOOOOO!!!
in the meantime, edmonton has five cups right here in the real city of champions, detroit has 3, the f***ing rangers even have one, the flames have one, montreal has a crapload, the islanders have had a dynasty, a few wars and presidents and prime minsiters have come and gone, and yes, the leafs are meddling in mediocrity powered only by blind morons like yourself (what kind of a name is antroman anyway) who still fail to see the facts and reality and a s***tyass stinky bllue and white embarassment to canada in front of you. as a former soviet gulag guard you should be ashamed of yourself for so openly supporting one of our biggest embarasments and sports failures--the toronto make-beliefs!! give your head a shake.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1485
( )

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  14:36:28  Reply with Quote
i made a little mistake saying " as a former soviet gulag guard you should be ashamed of cherring for this embarssment......."

i meant to say " as a real canadaian you should be ashamed........"
you get my point - you are a dumb piece of s*** that needs some sense beaten into him. you are right when you say the invention of the computeer helps us, because if this were a normal conversation i would have smasshed all of your teeth out of your stupid face and kicked them across the floor by now just because of how stupid you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  14:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey OilinOntario........You asked what planet I was from? You criticized the Soviet Gulag guard for using more than thirty words? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.........You used 68 words in your complaint about me using more than thirty. Maybe you should be reassigned to Edmonton in return for one of your darksider Leaf fans?

I was referring to your run-on senteces. 30 words is too much for one sentence. Unless you have Tourettes. I am, however, impressed that you can count as high as 68. I would have guessed eight or nine would be your limit. By the way, if your posts are meant to be facetious, stop it. It's not working. Everybody thinks you're an idiot.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4881
( )

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  15:06:27  Reply with Quote
DETROIT NUMBER 1 BABY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  15:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

No kidding

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  20:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

No kidding

Agreed. And get rid of my useless comment too while you're at it, guys.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5102
( )

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  03:05:13  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkalirah

Sorry got off topic there. To answer the question, I think Ottawa and Detroit both have talented teams, but Ottawa may be more talented.

However, I think Detroit will have more points at years end, mainly because they'll be playing 32 games against teams in their own division, probably the weakest in the league. I expect them to get atleast 40 points out of those games alone.

We may find out who the better team is in June, when they both play in the Finals.

Go Wings Go!

I've been saying it for a while now, I'd like to see for fact which team is better. I'm a hardcore Ottawa fan, but Detroit has an excellent, disiplined team. I hope for a Detroit/Ottawa matchup in the finals.

And Leaf fans, you guys are so cute! In the face of constant disappointment you guys keep believing in the same old tired bunch of faces. You need a new general manager who realizes the name of the game is player development, not one who raids the geriatric wards of the NHL get a good recruiting section and start developing prospects, it's much cheaper and you get players who get better and better.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  08:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think our development is coming along quite well at the moment with Steen, Stajan, Wellwood, Wozniewski, Tlusty, White, Stralman, Pogge, Kronwall, Etc Etc. We have a blue chip sniper in Russia by the name of Kulemin who is already signed for next year and to top it all off the Toronto Marlies are leading the AHL and I think are undefeated so far this season. I will have to check on that one to be sure but we are already headed in the right direction in regard to young talent. Do we have a franchise player to replace Matts? The answer is no which is concerning for sure. These days you have to finish at the bottom of the standings to get a blue chipper and the Leafs have never quite been able to accomplish that feat. Sometimes you can get lucky with late picks with the likes of Lidstrom, Kaberle and Zetterburg but as a rule this does not happen that often. I think we might have one of those diamonds in the rough in the name of Stralman but only time will tell.

Go to Top of Page

Greg Smith
Rookie

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  08:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Antroman, Pogge is doing terribly in the AHL, the leafs are too stupid to keep Stralman up and send Wozniewski down. He's terrible as well. Kronwal? I like Steen Stajan Wellwood and white. Tlusty is too early to tell with. Pohl, not good. colaiacovo, no matter how good he is will never be able to play a full season in the NHL. And Gill.... the list just keeps going

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  09:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Greg, Pohl is not a young up and comer and as for Tlusty he may never be a star as only time will tell. He will be a good NHL'er though at the very least. I really believe Kronwall should be in the league now but the Leafs have quite a log jam on defense right now. I think he is every bit as good as his brother in Detroit. Pogge is going to be a very good NHL goalie as we witnessed in the pre season this year. The Leafs are giving him time to grow while being tutored by Clemmonson. Stralman was sent down to work on the parts of his game which will make him a better NHL player but his skating, puck handling and passing skills are very good and that is an understatement to say the least. Like I mentioned the Leafs have quite a bit of depth on defense and it was a good time to get Stralman some valuble North American ice time. For once I think the Leafs are on the right track when it comes to grooming their youngsters for the new NHL. This team is getting better and better as witnessed by their play of late but it is still relatively early in the season and I can only hope they continue with this new found team defense concept? Afterall they are 4-2-1 in their last seven.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  06:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem isn't their future, the problem is managment. Where Detroit drafts and develops players like Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Zetteberg, Toronto trades them away for the "geriatrics". It's been proven time and time again. Steve Sullivan was a leaf, Brad Boyes was a leaf, they don't have the patience to develop their young players. Even right now we're hearing rumors of Steen/Stajan being traded.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  07:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hkalirah: The players you talked about Boyes and Sullivan were traded away by the previous regime when the Leafs were being run by Pat Quinn. Up until his last year the team was winning and advancing to the playoffs on a regular basis. Those two players were sacrificed in hopes of winning the Cup in those respective years. Neither of those guys I would call dependable type real blue chippers although they have turned themselves into good NHL'ers. Sometimes you get lucky in the draft and land a late bloomer such as a Lidstrom or Zetteberg. The Leafs managed the feat themselves getting T. Kaberle and Stralman (if he works out) and Wellwood. The Toronto Marlies are the elite team in the AHL at the moment with many solid young prospects. I think your arguement is an old one and not really valid under the current management team. Ferguson did make one bone headed move though when he gave up Tukka Rask for Raycroft. I still can't get my head wrapped around that one?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9253
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  08:49:05  Reply with Quote
To answer the question I think whether it is ottawa or one of the other 7 teams that come out of the west they will win. I simply believe the east is the superior conference and the stanley cup winner will be from there.

and btw dont confuse the fact that toronto has young players with that meaning they have good young players...i think that is more attributed to the lack of depth of the team --those guys have no bright future in the nhl and wouldnt be given a chance with almost any other team
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  09:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed it was the previous regime, however what has the new regime done? Missed the playoffs since they’ve taken over, that’s what they’ve done.

The Wings have proven time and time again that they have a superior scouting system. I hardly think drafting Lidstrom, Zetteberg, Datsyuk is luck. Looking back even further, the wings drafted Fedorov & Holmstrom. Are they flukes as well?

Kaberle has been a good pick, no doubt about that. I don’t think Wellwood is Zetteberg/Datsyuk, caliber, but he’s young and his progress is decent so far.

Where Detroit has developed players like Lidstrom, and used them to win 3 cups in recent history, Toronto has ALWAYS shunned their young talent and preferred for veterans who are on their last legs.

On the current team, Brad Boyes would probably be the 2nd line forward they’ve been lacking. Sullivan (although injury prone) would have been an excellent left winger to play alongside Sundin.

Besides Kaberle, who was the last Leafs draft pick that made waves in the NHL? I’d think it would have to go back to 1985, when they took Wendel Clark 1st overall

Its always been the same argument. You’ve made the case for Strallman and Kulemin. I was hearing the same talk when Coliacovo was coming into the league, he was going to be the next big thing. I have no faith in the Toronto system, because they haven’t shown me anything.

Besides Kaberle, who was the last Leafs draft pick that made waves in the NHL? I’d think it would have to go back to 1985, when they took Wendel Clark 1st overall.

Anyone can talk the talk, but I’ll wait until they walk the walk before giving any credit.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

LeafsFan4Life
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  14:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
based on play this year so far id have to say the sens are playing just as good or as well as the wings, but being from ontario id have to say the sens are gonna go all the way.

Long Live Hockey
Go to Top of Page

redwings85
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  06:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really a tough call to make them assumptions now...

be nice to see Ottawa finally win a cup, and rub it in TO's face, just like the Mayor of Ottawa said... if/when they win the cup before the Leafs, the parade will be downtown Toronto.

The way both teams are playing will be tough, but I can see Detroit taking it, they should have made the finals last year, but lost because Anaheim got lucky, on a few goals (ie. Neidemayer pushing in Hasek)

Ottawa is, and always will be a one line wonder, till the Coaching staff decided to step up, and mold there players.
Detroit has a deep core thats taken them far.

In the end it will come down to the goalies, who will be better Hasek/Osgood, or Emery/Gerber, and injuries come that time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
90s Hockey was the prime when they hooked. . . THEY HOOKED! when they Held, THEY HELD!
The only time they got the gate was when the player ''fell'' on his ass.
not this cheesey stick perpendicular to the ice, lets call it!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9253
( )

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  10:47:10  Reply with Quote
Detroit lost again last night... and as for depth look at last seasons points for the two teams:

Ottawa Detroit (points last season in brackets)
Heatley (105) Datsyuk (87)
Spezza (87) Zetterberg (68)
Alfredsson (87) Lidstrom (62)
Fisher (48) Rafalski (55)
Vermette (39) Holmstrom (52)
Kelly (38) Cleary (40)
Corvo (37) Samuelsson (34)
Redden (36) Franzen (30)
Meszaros (35) Draper (29)
Eaves (32) Hudler (25)
McAmmond (29) Kronvall (22)
Neil (28) Lebda (18)
Phillips (26) Filppula (17)
Schubert (25) Drake (12)
Robitaille (23) Maltby (11)
Volchenkov (19) Bertuzzi (11)
Donovan (17) Chelios (11)

Ottawa has been praised for being the deepest team in the league with their balanced scoring. Dont forget that they also have a good idea of how Hasek plays where as Detroit plays Gerber once every couple years...if he plays that game...and it is early to put them into the finals right now
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  22:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hkalirah - Good post and you are certainly correct. Lets not forget that every team in the draft order passed on all these players including the fore mentioned players in your post several times. I'll bet that if anybody had known how good they were going to become they would have all gone in the first round. Even if Detroit had a inkling as to what kind of players these guys were to become then they would most surely have picked them much earlier than they did. I truely think you are blowing Detroit's horn a little too loud here although you can't deny them their good luck. I am sure there were a number of players taken in earlier rounds of those respective drafts that are nowhere near the caliber of those later picks otherwise Detroit's picks would have been reversed. Please do not get me wrong as their is no denying the Wings good fortune and I am of course jealous as hell. I think the draft after the first few picks is a crap shoot. Another late pick we haven't mentioned is Daniel Alfredsson. How could have every team in the league missed the boat on this guy? I think in the later rounds that scouts should be looking for skinny little intelligent guys that can skate because Zetteberg, Kaberle, Alfredsson, Stralman and Datsuk certainly share that same profile and fit the bill.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  12:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen,
It sure is a fine Leaf day isn't it? The sun is shinning, the birds are chirping and the stupid Senators got their ugly red butts pasted to the floor. Everthing is right in our world again until Tuesday night. I just can't say enough good things about our resounding thrashing other than the fact the Senators really don't want to meet the Maples in the playoffs because when we absolutely have to beat them, we usually do. Ok, I am sorry and I will attempt to be humble once again. "The futures so bright the Leafers need shades." Whoops, lost it again, I apologize Sens people!!!!!! Life is absolutely so good again.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page