Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 crosby is better than ovechkin! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  14:59:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 30LEAFSFAN

Crosby is better than oovechkin! Did you ever notice last year that Crosby dominated ovechkin in points last year for the amount of game he played. He played about half the season and had 72 points I MEAN COME ON GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD CROSBYS BETTER![

No Just NEVER again

Go to Top of Page

Guest6177
( )

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  16:05:37  Reply with Quote
(ADMIN EDIT - CONTENT REMOVED - PERSONAL ATTACK) Crosby is a crybaby, a whiner, a wimp and Ovechkin is unreal
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  23:29:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, this topic is extremely pointless. No one has said or shed light onto anything that hasn't already been said before...like a 100,000 times. Lets stop with the Crosby vs. Ovechkin thing. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PLAYERS!

Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be.~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  10:38:06  Reply with Quote
After AO's goal last night against Montreal and Crosby's recent struggles, I think that may have changed my mind a bit. What a goal that was...this guy is awsome!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  13:03:41  Reply with Quote
OVECHKIN IS BETTER HANDS DOWN!!!!!

THERE IS NO NEED FOR AN ARGUMENT.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  12:28:54  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin has a good team behind him but not nearly as good as Crosby does. So Ovechkin has to work harder to make his team play better, while Crosby has guys that can back him up.

Top 4 players on Washington
1. Ovechkin
2. Green
3. Backstom
4. Semin
(Theodore isn't good enough to be considered top 4 on WAS)

Top 4 platers on Pittsburgh
1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Fleury
4. Gonchar

Compare these 2 sets of 4 guys, who do you think has a better overal team.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  13:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9847

Ovechkin has a good team behind him but not nearly as good as Crosby does. So Ovechkin has to work harder to make his team play better, while Crosby has guys that can back him up.

1. Ovechkin
2. Green
3. Backstom
4. Semin

1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Fleury
4. Gonchar

Right, last time i checked a team consisted of only four players. This is one of the dumbest comments i have ever seen. All of these arguments are so dumb. I really don't understand why everyone hates Crosby so much, really. Hes one of the best things to happen to hockey in years. Him and ovie both brought more fans to the NHL and made the game far more exciting.

This stupid post ahead, I'm not sure what you were trying to prove. Are you saying Crosby gets points because of these four players and thats it? He doesn't play with Malkin, except on PP, last time i checked Fleury wasn't really a scoring machine, and Gonchar just got back from being injured the entire season. Then looking at the Capitals (i guess only 4 players play for them?), Backstrom and Semin both having career years, Green who is one of the best (if not the best) offensive defensemen this season. Who has the better four players? Smart.

I wish all of you would stop posting this crap on this site, and talk about something new. Crosby and Ovechkin are both amazing, probably the two most exciting players in the game. Stop saying that Crosby is a whiner who gives out cheap shots and dives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6t7McxDQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxMJrQhGoSg

Seriously, Ovechkin does it too. Get off your knees and stop praying to the god that is Ovechkin, they are both amazing.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1466
( )

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  13:51:19  Reply with Quote
OV is a selfish hotdogger he dont care about winning all he cares about is scoring goals and making money crosbys a winner and team player
Go to Top of Page

Guest6030
( )

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  14:14:45  Reply with Quote
What a dumb question, and what dumb responses. You cannot compare the 2...2 totally different styles, its like comparing apples and oranges. A better question would be...whose more valuable to his team? Now that's something we can talk about..not this stupid nonesense crap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4037
( )

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  13:42:07  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin is so much better in almost everything, plus crosby is a winer! Ovechkin rules!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  05:40:35  Reply with Quote
kids, stay away from these forums if you dont have anything intelligent to say. Crosby cannot be compared to Ovechkin, one is a playmaker, the other is a goal scorer, both of them are not complete players like Gretzky and Lemieux use to be, these guys can be compared, capishe???
Go to Top of Page

Guest8331
( )

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  09:59:33  Reply with Quote
This isn't really a debate. Outside of Canada this isn't an argument. If it is, its between Malkin and Ovechkin (no way Crosby wins MVP this year- he's not even the best player on his own team). Malkin- more points than Crosby. Team actually has a higher winning % the last two years without Sid the Kid. Don't get me wrong, Crosby is a talented, elite nhl player, but he's not the second coming of Gretzky, Lemieux or Orr.

Ovechkin won the calder when it was head to head, has way more goals, comparable assists and last year won the trifecta of hart, art ross and maurice richard trophies. Only thing left is the playoffs. Once Washington makes it far, no one can continue this debate until one wins a cup putting the team on their back.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2535
( )

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  11:26:31  Reply with Quote
What people fail to realize is that having a superstar teamate does not make your point totals go up. In fact its the opposite. If a team scores on average 250 goals in a season. Thats not going to change by much no matter how many superstars you have. If you bring 10 40goals scorers on ur team for next year. i guarantee you they will not all score 40goals again next year. So the fact that crosby has malkin as a teammate does not mean he has an advantage over ovechkin. In fact it means that malkin will get points on the power play and even strength which will take away from crosbys production. Ovechkin does have another superstar to take away from his overall point production, but he does have good players to compliment him.....
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  14:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1466

OV is a selfish hotdogger he dont care about winning all he cares about is scoring goals and making money crosbys a winner and team player

can't win games if you can't score.. Ovechkin can score and make plays, he has no one else that can really score on a regular basis to play with so he gets the job done. Ovechkin really is the total package player he can score, pass, hit he has more heart than basically anyone in the NHL, yeah I'd say he's better than Crosby
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  05:26:35  Reply with Quote
hanley6, cant believe you said the Caps have noone but Ovechkin to score goals, i can name at least 3..Semin, Backstrom, Green, etc. As far as Crosby is concerned I guarantee you one thing, if Malkin were to be injured, Crosby would get more ice time, and I think he would pick up more points. The fact that the 2 superstars play on different lines (so called 1a and 1b lines), the ice time is divided between the 2, so that makes getting points more difficult. that's why when Crosby got injured, you saw Malkin pick up lots of points, its because he got more ice time. The same would be true if Malkin would be injured (knock on wood), if this were to happen, Crosby would have a higher point per game average than with Malkin on the lineup. Now if you want to maximize both superstars point per game, you would need to play them on the same line...right now this is not the case since we have 2-3 solid lines in pittsburgh and they are doing really well playing them on seperate lines.

All this to say that we still cannot compare whose better (Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin). When the day comes where one of the beats everyone for goals scored, assists, +/-, and also playoff performance, this is the day we can say that that player is better than the rest, until then, its a 3 way tie.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  09:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8815

You guys are absolutely terrible at debates. Yes Crosby's a playmaker, AO's a goal scorer. Both are great at their individual thing. One difference, AO is better at getting assists, than Crosby is at getting goals. So as it stands we have Ovechkin as the better goal scorer, Crosby as the better play maker, but Ovechkin is better at their weakspot. Does that not make him better? Oh ya, than you tell me that the Pens did better cause they had Malkin, exactly, Crosby ahs a star linemate and arguably the 3rd best in the NHL. Yes Ovechkin has Backstrom who will soon be a star, but he's no Malkin. Sorry if I am mistaken but I see a clear cut winner.

Hey 8815, who in the hell made you the grand poobah of debating? you are not nearly as convincing as you seem to think you are. Jump into reality sunshine.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0282
( )

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  11:20:57  Reply with Quote
PPG (points per game )

-/-/-/-/- 2008-09(currently) -- Crosby(1.38) -- Malkin(1.42) -- Ovechkin(1.32) -/-/-/-/- 71>87>8

-/-/-/-/- 2007-08 -- Crosby(1.36) -- Malkin(1.29) -- Ovechkin(1.37) -/-/-/-/-/- 8>87>71

-/-/-/-/- 2006-07 -- Crosby(1.57) -- Malkin(1.09) -- Ovechkin(1.12) -/-/-/-/-/- 87>8>71

.....pretty even but crosby gets the edge.....

CAREER PPG (points per game )

Crosby (1.38)

Ovechkin (1.27)

Malkin (1.26)

....Ovi and malkin pretty much even ..... crosby wins by a landslide. ...

Best Goal scorer ----Ovechkin

Best Playmaker -----Crosby

Best overall --------Malkin

Yet in the end the stats speak for themselves the most productive player is Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9850
( )

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  17:43:54  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

quote:

1. Ovechkin
2. Green
3. Backstom
4. Semin

1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Fleury
4. Gonchar

I din't feel like putting in an entire roster. I just felt like putting in 4 players okay
Right, last time i checked a team consisted of only four players. This is one of the dumbest comments i have ever seen. All of these arguments are so dumb. I really don't understand why everyone hates Crosby so much, really. Hes one of the best things to happen to hockey in years. Him and ovie both brought more fans to the NHL and made the game far more exciting.

This stupid post ahead, I'm not sure what you were trying to prove. Are you saying Crosby gets points because of these four players and thats it? He doesn't play with Malkin, except on PP, last time i checked Fleury wasn't really a scoring machine, and Gonchar just got back from being injured the entire season. Then looking at the Capitals (i guess only 4 players play for them?), Backstrom and Semin both having career years, Green who is one of the best (if not the best) offensive defensemen this season. Who has the better four players? Smart.

I wish all of you would stop posting this crap on this site, and talk about something new. Crosby and Ovechkin are both amazing, probably the two most exciting players in the game. Stop saying that Crosby is a whiner who gives out cheap shots and dives.

Seriously, Ovechkin does it too. Get off your knees and stop praying to the god that is Ovechkin, they are both amazing.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9850
( )

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  17:47:16  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

quote:

1. Ovechkin
2. Green
3. Backstom
4. Semin

1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Fleury
4. Gonchar

Ya your right. And my comment was pretty stupid and pointless.
And last I checked Fleury was leading the league in scoring
Go to Top of Page

Guest9850
( )

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  18:00:57  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin Scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's goal 51 of the seasonand ties it up at the end of the second period. According to the announcer of Washington@Leafs 10 of Ovechkins goals were game winners. It sounds like Ovechkin is there when his team needs him the most.

Does anyone Know how many of OV's goals where tiing goals because I would like to know?

Crosby is a very talented player but personaly I like Ovechkin more.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9109
( )

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  04:20:23  Reply with Quote
Ovie is the biggest puck hog i have ever seen!!! As of Mar 25 he has 475 shots with a shooting % of 10.75. Crosby has 208 shots with a shooting % of 13.5... Maybe if Crosby just hogged the puck a little more he would get as many goals as Ovie but no, he's a better player because he makes the people around him better... Nope, no I in Team
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  07:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9109

Ovie is the biggest puck hog i have ever seen!!! As of Mar 25 he has 475 shots with a shooting % of 10.75. Crosby has 208 shots with a shooting % of 13.5... Maybe if Crosby just hogged the puck a little more he would get as many goals as Ovie but no, he's a better player because he makes the people around him better... Nope, no I in Team

So... shooting the puck at the net is a bad thing? Getting other players assists doesn't make them better? I'm sure Semin and Green aren't complaining. I would take Ovi's 475 shots and 10.75% over Crosby's 208 shots and 13.5% anyday. It translates to a hell of a lot more goals, which in the end is what wins you games.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9767
( )

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  04:33:29  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1425

OV IS THE MOST SELFISH HOTDOGIN SOB THERE IS CROSBYS A WINNER HE CARES ABOUT WINNING NOT GOALS AND ASSISTS

crosby sucks and is a huge crybaby
Go to Top of Page

Guest9767
( )

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  04:38:34  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9109

learn how to play hockey crosby is to laid back and not agressive like ovechkin
Go to Top of Page

Guest4418
( )

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  02:18:44  Reply with Quote
@ question:

If I managed any team I would pick Crosby. He is able to make other players play better. He fits more into any line because he has great vision. Hockey is a team game, it is not about scoring and making fancy plays in the end.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  11:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought when the Pens made Crosby the captain they made a huge mistake but the more I see his contributions to the team and the community I do now believe they made an excellent choice. I think the biggest difference between Ovie and Crosby is leadership.

"There are only two seasons. Hockey season and not hockey season."
Go to Top of Page

Guest7793
( )

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  17:11:52  Reply with Quote
crosby whines to much while ovechkin doesn't like to pass the puck. why don't' we talk about a real hockey player paval datsyuk. go wings go;;

a real hockey fan
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  21:01:44  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin is better. The Caps/Pens series will prove it.
Go to Top of Page

canuckellhead
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  21:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lets just put this on the table here people are saying that crosby is the next gretzky...why people say this i do not understand when the great one himself said that if there was anyone in the nhl right now that could break his 92 goal season it would be ovechkin and i dont know about you guys but i would take the word of gretzky over anyone elae when it comes to something like that he knows players period
second point in hand ovechkin is a player who works his ass off plays hard the whole game and comes out with the points. crosby will sit there and powt when things aren't going his way. he whines his antics are annoying and the points that he does get are not by any means dazaling hes a fast player with good passing abbilities and thats where it ends. ovechkin has the most amazing goals. lets look at an example laying on his back sliding head first towards the boards he manages to put the puck past a defencemen and a goalie. if any other player tried that it wouldnt happen. screw what everyone else says im going with gretzky and saying that alaxander the great is the next "great one"
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  06:33:14  Reply with Quote
They cannot be compared, its like comparing apples to oranges. They are two complete different players, not only in their style of play, but also in their personalities. Obviously, some crosby fans say crosby is better, some OV fans say OV is better. Personally i am a fan of Sid but i cannot say who is better since they cant be compared realistically. I cant understand why so many people give comparisons between the two. They are two great players who do great stuff and help their team win hockey games, with two totally different styles, end of story, who's better? Noone!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7660
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  08:33:16  Reply with Quote
Anyone who knows hockey and has been watching the playoffs know that right now Ovechkin is miles ahead. He's got his whole team on board - that's leadership. He controls the sway of the game. . Crosby is skilled - but so far hasn't had the drive or passion to win a cup - at least not against Washington. .
Good series ahead
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  09:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7660

Anyone who knows hockey and has been watching the playoffs know that right now Ovechkin is miles ahead. He's got his whole team on board - that's leadership. He controls the sway of the game. . Crosby is skilled - but so far hasn't had the drive or passion to win a cup - at least not against Washington. .
Good series ahead

It's hard to tell when someone is trying to be sarcastic when they're typing....So I'll just have to assume that this meant to be extremely sarcastic.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7352
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  14:21:44  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin and Malkin are the 2 best players in the world right now, I'd say Crosby would be a close 3rd, but he just lacks the impact on a game that those 2 do, they are more dynamic, faster, shoot harder, and at least in Ovechkin's case hits and plays a much better 2 way game. It's hard to compare because of the way they play so the only way to judge is impact on a game and points ad Ovechkin is better in both cases. Saying all this Crosby is an excellent player and in 5 yrs things could change but if we're talking about the present its Ovchkin and Malkin.
Go to Top of Page

Ajal
Top Prospect

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  19:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although Crosby is one of the best there is today, I would have to say Ovechkin is better. Points are not the only thing in hockey, Leadership is important, and playing a physical game is also a huge help! Crosby, in my opinion seems like he could be a good leader some day, when he stops whining like he does.

Right now I think Ovechkin is better, but if Crosby can alter his playing style a bit, he could be a better overall player.

Favorite teams:Calgary and St.louis
Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  00:48:23  Reply with Quote
MATHEMATICIAN
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

You'd better order a flames jersey then, his first 2 years he has 39 and 36 goals and last year had 24 in 53 games, Im not a mathamatition or anything but the last time i checked 36 and 39 are inbetween 30 and 40. and 24 in 53 means he was on pace for aound 36 goals again, how about you get your facts striaght before you make comments that make you look dumb. btw I suggest you get a Bertuzzi jersey seeing as you belong with scum like him.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Go to Top of Page

Guest4879
( )

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  09:23:37  Reply with Quote
Whoever thinks crosby is better than Ovie has got to be on multiple drugs. How can you even compare the overall skill levels of the two players? I've seen crosby do two things since entering the NHL, get assists, and cry. Not to mention the amount of SECOND assists that crosby recieves, many of which he is nowhere near the puck. The sheer skill level of Ovechkin on both ends of the ice is outstanding, how many players in the last ten years could score on one end of the ice, catch a guy on a breakaway on the other, and hit everything in sight when he doesn't have the puck? The only reason the guy isn't the face of the NHL is because he isn't North American.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  09:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very, very hard to say who is the better player. I personally would chose Ovie over Crosby based on the type of game I enjoy watching and the way he sells every hit, goal, assist and win. This is not a contract year and he is not a rookie or sofmore player anymore. I think the Russia label has finally come off. Only stellar player brought in to groom Ovie is Federov, who is in my opinion the best 2way player to play the game "from Russia".

In his rookie season Crosby was mentored by Mario, played with greats Gary Roberts, Mark Recchi and possible the most offensive defenseman in the last 4 years in Gonchar. Plus he got probable the 2nd most gifted goal scorer to take the pressure off his line in Malkin. In my opinion, cannot cannot compare the 2 at all.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1758
( )

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  05:09:06  Reply with Quote
If this year's playoffs are an indication then yes Crosby is better. He is doing it all; scoring, winning faceoffs, playing solid defense,

Ovechkin has been solid but not great.

Substance > style
Go to Top of Page

Guest9244
( )

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  10:39:55  Reply with Quote
as much as i think ovie is btter... i watched the capitals series in the first round and ovie is not the reason why his team won.... in fact i though he played mediocre at best. he gave the puck away like 6-7 times a games. Again i enjoy ovie but this discussion can go on and on. BUt from what i have seen in the first round .... semin really took that team it seemed more than ovie.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2200
( )

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  14:30:16  Reply with Quote
obviously your all high.. anyone actually involved in hockey(analysts, gms, coaches, former players, etc) when asked who they would take.. say sid.. say all you want about him crying.. did you miss your little baby ovechkin grabbing his face after getting checked and buying a call by.. oh yeah caps fans believe it.. your angel ovie was crying like a bitch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page