Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Missed When They Retire Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  05:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
With the retirement of "Super" Joe Sakic, I'll ask the question, which of the following stars will you miss the most when they hang em' up for good?

Choices:

Joe Sakic
Martin Brodeur
Mats Sundin
Teemu Selanne
Paul Kariya
Nicklas Lidstrom
Rob Blake
Mike Modano
Keith Tkachuck
Other, who?

Edited by - Rambo2305 on 07/09/2009 05:36:35

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  05:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mats Sundin will always hold a place in the hearts of Leafs fans...

Gunna miss the "Big Swede" when he calls it quits...

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Guest8241
( )

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  05:33:28  Reply with Quote
Going with Brodeur, I won't miss him 1/2 as much as Devils fans, they're screwed without him! haha
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  06:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd miss Broudeur because he is such a good goalie and makes tremendous saves. like what the guest said ,the Devils are screwed without him,sorry Devil fans out there.It will be sad for them when they see #"30" up hanged to bad.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  06:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My most missed would be Brodeur, he makes so many good saves and he is a awesome goalie but glad enough he will not retire this year because he is so close of beating some records and I think he will want to beat them before he retires.Therfore Devils fans are going to be sad about him retiring because he is like one of the best goalies in the NHL.Devils will not do that good when he retires but they should do good with there backup goalie Clemmenson.Anyways I will miss Brodeur when he retires he reminds me of those awesome saves and a goalie who has heart.I'll also be sad when Montreals goalies retire but that won't be until a while.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Edited by - brentrock2 on 07/09/2009 06:51:45
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  08:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

My most missed would be Brodeur, he makes so many good saves and he is a awesome goalie but glad enough he will not retire this year because he is so close of beating some records and I think he will want to beat them before he retires.Therfore Devils fans are going to be sad about him retiring because he is like one of the best goalies in the NHL.Devils will not do that good when he retires but they should do good with there backup goalie Clemmenson.Anyways I will miss Brodeur when he retires he reminds me of those awesome saves and a goalie who has heart.I'll also be sad when Montreals goalies retire but that won't be until a while.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Too bad Scott Clemmensen is the new starter for the Florida Panthers...

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  10:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no hes not, they still have vokoun dont they?

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  10:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

no hes not, they still have vokoun dont they?

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Good point...well, at least they have a solid backup lol

Go to Top of Page

Guest9656
( )

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  10:34:04  Reply with Quote
How can anyone not miss Super Joe Sakic?

Thanks for the memories Joe!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  12:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow... I didn't know Clemmonson was the backup for Florida, I thought he was still the backup for the Devils.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  12:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow... I didn't know Clemmonson was the backup for Florida, I thought he was still the backup for the Devils.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Mhm...NHL Free Agency, it means a nice pay cheque for a lot of people lol

Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  13:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

quote:

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Mhm...NHL Free Agency, it means a nice pay cheque for a lot of people lol

Oh...ok so that what it means. Thanks for the tip Rambo.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Edited by - brentrock2 on 07/09/2009 16:55:06
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  16:57:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9656

How can anyone not miss Super Joe Sakic?

Thanks for the memories Joe!

Yeah this guy will be missed alot to, every person around is waiting for his retirerment around here.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Guest5435
( )

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  19:56:34  Reply with Quote
All of them will be missed.

To me the one I'll miss the most will be Lidstrom when he retires. Shear brilliance of being in the right spot and absolutely no flash. No knock them down brute force while being out of position (yes that's you Dion). No monster physical attributes (that's you Z). Deceptively fast though and positionally perfect.

The one quality that stands out from all others though is the mental game. I don't think anyone in the current generation of stars (O or D) thinks and execute the game as brilliantly as he does. He'll make a great coach or GM once he retires.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6765
( )

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:26:10  Reply with Quote
Well said 5435, Lidstrom is another example of class, can't imagine the Wings D without him, or an all-star team without him :P
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  12:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6765

Well said 5435, Lidstrom is another example of class, can't imagine the Wings D without him, or an all-star team without him :P

Think about it, we could have no Lidstrom, or Neidermayer, patrolling the blue lines at the start of te 2010/2011 season :O lol

Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  18:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Rambo do you have to put "lol" after every post even if it wasn't the least bit funny but back to the topic at hand me being Sens fan I have to vote for Alfie great leader, great person, great player
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6765

Think about it, we could have no Lidstrom, or Neidermayer, patrolling the blue lines at the start of te 2010/2011 season :O lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page