Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 glen anderson Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phlyguy90
Rookie



USA
100 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  10:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, has anyone seen the number retirement ceremony last year for glen anderson? overtop? or is it just me?

lyall
PickupHockey Pro



360 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  11:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's just you.
Go to Top of Page

phlyguy90
Rookie



USA
100 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  12:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really? you didnt think glen skating down the wing and shooting on an open net was just a little over the top?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  12:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not if you are an Oilers fan.

Really, every Oilers retirement with the exceptions of Gretzky had the player on the ice in full equipment.

Messier skated on with the Cup over his head a la 1990

Coffey did a streak end to end after a pass from Huddy

Kurri was geared up to.


It's not for everyone, but it's a pretty cool fan experiece as the guys skate around the ice a couple of time before and after the ceremony.

I dig it, but it makes a guy feel like a kid again.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
899 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  13:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wating for the Flyers to adopt that sort of experience as well, that way when they retire Hextall's number, he can two hand a forward for old times sake, and then have Emery come over and give him a good Potvin-ing.....makes me tear up just thinkin' about it.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  13:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it would be pretty fly to see those CooperAll's in Philly again too.

Best hockey pants ever.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
427 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  14:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think it would be pretty fly to see those CooperAll's in Philly again too.

Best hockey pants ever.



You are of course joking?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  14:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think it would be pretty fly to see those CooperAll's in Philly again too.

Best hockey pants ever.



You are of course joking?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



Absolutely Not!! I mean, CooperAll's defined a generation. Biggest mistake in the history of hockey was to do away with the CooperAll's.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
427 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  14:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Cooperalls were not only ridiculous but presented a safety hazard as players who were upended slid across the ice much faster.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  14:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess some people just fail to the see the humor in things.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
899 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  15:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They should also go back to no helmets, so hard to tell the players apart with all that headgear, bring back the Duguays, Lafleurs, ahhh the good old days....

Hopefully they get it this time Beans,
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4594 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh, how about they do a ceremony for some anniversary of the Canada/Soviet 72 series, Clarke can do a reenactment of the slash on the Russian's most skilled player, maybe on an ex player of some sort (pay that guy a tonne of dough) . . . oh, oh, and make sure eveyone grows out their hair to 70s length and style!

There's nothing humourous about this at alll, Fat Elvis - this is deadly serious stuff!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  08:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Oooh, how about they do a ceremony for some anniversary of the Canada/Soviet 72 series, Clarke can do a reenactment of the slash on the Russian's most skilled player, maybe on an ex player of some sort (pay that guy a tonne of dough) . . . oh, oh, and make sure eveyone grows out their hair to 70s length and style!

There's nothing humourous about this at alll, Fat Elvis - this is deadly serious stuff!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug



The whole thing could start off with 70's skullet Esposito challenging the entire Russian bench from the penalty box, followed by Harry Sinden thowing a chair on the ice. Then Alan Eagleson will have to be subdued by the cops.

For the finale, a marginal Leaf (mabye Stajan) can reinact the goal heard round the world.

That would be grand!
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro



389 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  10:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

They should also go back to no helmets, so hard to tell the players apart with all that headgear, bring back the Duguays, Lafleurs, ahhh the good old days....

Hopefully they get it this time Beans,



And the Larry Robinson gotta love the Big Bird fro.

No joke A guy I play with up until 2 years ago still had cooper alls and not just any cooper alls they were the Green one's a la Hartford Whalers

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page