Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Least favourite player Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  17:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Inspiried by last night's Carcillo Avery fight

Choices:

Carcillo
Avery
Ruutu
Lapierre
Downie
Burrows
Boogard
Phaneuf
Other

Edited by - Sensfan101 on 01/23/2010 18:30:11

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  17:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was a very tough coice Avery often makes innapropriate comments to the media. Lappiere plays dirty and won't back it up. Downie makes terribly dangerous hits and Carcillo is just an all around f**. Tough choice I haven't even decided yet

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest9668
( )

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  19:31:47  Reply with Quote
Jason Blake not being on this poll is atrocious.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4555
( )

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  20:36:27  Reply with Quote
kessel
Go to Top of Page

Guest9393
( )

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  20:52:29  Reply with Quote
how about an all of the above option? Leaf haters just go away please lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest4657
( )

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  23:20:54  Reply with Quote
Jason Blake is the biggest flake
Go to Top of Page

Guest3910
( )

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  00:05:02  Reply with Quote
I've always thought Phaneuf was a bit of a douche.
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  08:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Burrows 100% biggest douchebag in the league
Go to Top of Page

Guest9494
( )

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  10:47:44  Reply with Quote
Phaneuf easy all talk but will never back it up
Go to Top of Page

Guest5396
( )

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  11:06:49  Reply with Quote
Claude Lemieux all time!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  11:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going way off the map ... Stephane Yelle. Hate the guy. Oh, and Chara .. so much.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  12:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex Burrow and Matt Cooke.

Both are dive artist, scum bags who will play that scrappy type of hockey but NEVER back it up. Whine and complain when something happens to them in the same fashion they do to every other player.

Personally, Sean Avery is the man. He does what it takes to win, backs it up when he needs to, and is actually a good hockey players. He has done NOTHING this season to negatively impact the league, his team, or himself.

Furthermore, I completely loved the fact that he goes out and gets 4 points and a win against Dallas. When he as interviewed afterwards he was asked why he was so inspired that game. His answer, dry as heck, was "I don't know. Must have been because I am getting paid by both teams!"

Brilliant.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  12:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have had a hate on for Downie since the Mcammond hit. Haven`t seen anything since then that has helped my opinion of him. I actually like Avery. Think he`s as dirty as they come for drawing a penalty or getting his opponent off there game, but dont think of him as a dirty hitter and he`s got offensive skills.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  12:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derek Boogard. Can't skate, can't shoot, can't play much hockey, can only fight. If he would improve in hockey skills, I wouldn't mind him, though. Here are his career totals: NHL TOTALS
236 Games Played, 2 G, 11 A, 13 P, -11 +/-, 513 PIM, 64 Shots
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  14:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike Ribiero. Hated him since he was a Hab and even more as a Dallas Star. He is easily the cockiest player in the league, is yapping constantly and is really just a piece of SHlT. Hate the guy as a hockey player.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 03/14/2010 19:35:56
Go to Top of Page

Guest6974
( )

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:11:16  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Brilliant.

If either of the players ever put on an oilers uni you would be first in line to suck there peckers, and Burrows doesnt back it up? no one in the league has more goals than he has in 2010, he backs everything up. He's the only player in history that played at least 1 game in the echl and scored more than 20 goals in a season. He's tied for 9th in the league in goals. He had one bad dive, and guess what, it worked the player got a 5 minute penalty. boo hoo, btw how does he feel to cheer for a team that hasnt won in 10 games?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was struggling with this one until someone mentioned his name:

Derek Boogard.

Ah, the classic talentless goon. He probably thinks a troglodyte is a kind of fossil. My contention is that monster goons like him should be made extinct . . . no place in hockey for him IMHO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  16:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I was struggling with this one until someone mentioned his name:

Derek Boogard.

Ah, the classic talentless goon. He probably thinks a troglodyte is a kind of fossil. My contention is that monster goons like him should be made extinct . . . no place in hockey for him IMHO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

What's really kind of silly is that Minnesota has 2 of these guys. John Scott another 6' 8" , four minute per game goon. How bad does it have to feel to be a healthy scratch when these guys get the nod to both dress and you don't.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  17:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6974

quote:

Brilliant.

If either of the players ever put on an oilers uni you would be first in line to suck there peckers, and Burrows doesnt back it up? no one in the league has more goals than he has in 2010, he backs everything up. He's the only player in history that played at least 1 game in the echl and scored more than 20 goals in a season. He's tied for 9th in the league in goals. He had one bad dive, and guess what, it worked the player got a 5 minute penalty. boo hoo, btw how does he feel to cheer for a team that hasnt won in 10 games?

Nope, you are wrong. Either of these tools become Oilers and I choose to stop watching Oilers hockey for a while. Never stop being a fan, but stop watching.

And Burrows backs up what?? How many fights has this bag of pucks been in this year?? Last year?? He has zero major penalties this season and 4 last year. For a guy that plays like that to never fight is a joke. He doesn't back anything up. Scoring is not the back up I am talking about. It means when you talk crap and you instigate, you back it up with your fists. He doesn't do that and neither does Cooke.

Typical Fairweather fan. The point of being a fan is not ever giving up on your team. I have been an Oilers fan since I remember watching hockey in 1982. By the way, how many Stanley Cup parades have you had there in Vancouver???
Go to Top of Page

Guest3269
( )

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  18:52:21  Reply with Quote
mike modano and jason spezza
Go to Top of Page

Guest3269
( )

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  18:54:07  Reply with Quote
what about the sedin twins i have always hated them and always will
Go to Top of Page

Guest4164
( )

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  06:39:47  Reply with Quote
My choice would be Sidney Crosby, I heard he missed two weeks due to having the whine flu.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8764
( )

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  08:20:49  Reply with Quote
Hal Gill. It is painful watching him try to keep up with NHL quality skaters. Just. Painful. Honorable mention to Phaneuf. Would love to see that guy come across the middle with his head down in front of, oh, let's say Mike Richards (since Scott Stevens is retired.)
Go to Top of Page

Guest9188
( )

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  13:25:56  Reply with Quote
I'm going to have to say Jason Blake in a tie with phil the floater 81 for my least favourite. leaf fan here by the way
Go to Top of Page

Guest9494
( )

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  17:13:40  Reply with Quote
Sidney Crosby I think I could fill a hockey arena of his fans without knowing anything about hockey before he was drafted......................
Go to Top of Page

Guest9198
( )

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  18:35:14  Reply with Quote
Darcy Tucker, Chris Pronger & Dany Heatley.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7478
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  09:09:01  Reply with Quote
Ed Jovanoski - Every time I watch him, it's like he is intentionally trying to play s***ty
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  09:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Brilliant.

Nope, you are wrong. Either of these tools become Oilers and I choose to stop watching Oilers hockey for a while. Never stop being a fan, but stop watching.

And Burrows backs up what?? How many fights has this bag of pucks been in this year?? Last year?? He has zero major penalties this season and 4 last year. For a guy that plays like that to never fight is a joke. He doesn't back anything up. Scoring is not the back up I am talking about. It means when you talk crap and you instigate, you back it up with your fists. He doesn't do that and neither does Cooke.

Typical Fairweather fan. The point of being a fan is not ever giving up on your team. I have been an Oilers fan since I remember watching hockey in 1982. By the way, how many Stanley Cup parades have you had there in Vancouver???

I think they had had a stanley cup parade every year at the beginning of the season since 1994 Its funny how many times iv'e heard a Canucks fan talk how much a cup favorite there team is. This might be the best chance they have had since there cup final and my moneys still on them to choke in the 2nd round no matter the opponent.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4227
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  09:18:52  Reply with Quote
Mike Komisarek
Go to Top of Page

Guest6855
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  09:29:40  Reply with Quote
Why would any fan want one of their top scorers fighting all the time? Burrows backs it up more by scoring than by fighting. Chirping is part of the game & letting your fighters do the fighting is also part of it. Canucks look decent but maybe not cup contenders... but Oilers? come on, the good ol' days are over & have been for a while. At least Canucks seem to have a bit of direction albeit maybe still a couple seasons to fruition.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9275
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  09:47:32  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3269

what about the sedin twins i have always hated them and always will

I just think you don't know how to appreciate two good players. I think they are wonderful and very under rated. Both of them on ice they make magic.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  10:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6855

Why would any fan want one of their top scorers fighting all the time? Burrows backs it up more by scoring than by fighting. Chirping is part of the game & letting your fighters do the fighting is also part of it. Canucks look decent but maybe not cup contenders... but Oilers? come on, the good ol' days are over & have been for a while. At least Canucks seem to have a bit of direction albeit maybe still a couple seasons to fruition.

No one said this thread was to talk about what team was better than the other. You don't need to tell me the issue the Oilers are having nor the positive direction the Canucks are going. I have eyes and can see that very clearly.

No one said that Burrows has to fight every game. But to play that style of game and never drop them is a joke. Look at a guy like Iginla or Lecavalier. They don't chirp nearly to the degree that Burrows does (or dive or embelish calls) and they will still drop them when they need to. And they are also their teams best players.

Burrows (and Cooke for that matter) go out of their way to instigate and NEVER fight. I can appreciate the guys out there like Avery and Tootoo that also do the same kind of instigating. Only they will also drop them every once in a while to keep people honest.

Burrows doesn't. Regardless of him scoring. Raymond or Demitra, or Rypien, or even Luongo could score 30 goals a year playing with the Sedins. Let's not get crazy and talk about this guy as if he is an elite scorer, because he is simply not. Jonathan Cheechoo anyone?????
Go to Top of Page

Guest9275
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  10:18:55  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Brilliant.

First thing first, for last 20 years Edmonton is hanging on to the wins they had 20 years ago. They are waiting for another Gretzky and Messier to save them . Guess what, Messier was on the Canucks and did absolutely nothing. Have you look at the stat recently, who is on the bottom of the Northwest????
Before you Burrows, maybe you should take a look at the players' stat. Vancouver has at least four players, which includes Burrows, that have over 50 points. Who does Edmonton have, Penner?

If they continue this way, I don't see Edmonton winning the Stanley cup this year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9275
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  10:22:42  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9198

Darcy Tucker, Chris Pronger & Dany Heatley.

100% agreed.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  10:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was a fairly obvious choice for me as well....Mike Ribiero.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  12:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or do people not read??? What the hell does Edmonton and the number of 50 points player they have or their lack of succes have to do with who your least favorite player is??

Seriously, can someone, anyone put together an arguement against Burrows and Cooke being dive artists and embelishers who don't back up what they do physically??

Anyone??

I patiently await the next "The Oilers Suck" comment.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  12:49:54  Reply with Quote
just mentionting that your least favourite player is better then any player on your team thats all...funny how both of the players you list are canucks past and present that doesnt have to do anything with your descion does it? Youve taken this whole burrows/auger thing and ran with it, lets face it everyone emebelishs now and again even your precious oilers. Have fun in the cellar with all the leafs fans.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9297
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  12:58:04  Reply with Quote
Gotta go with Burrows. He has taken a dive more than once, like some Canuck fans say, I will never forget when Boumeester gave him a love tap in the back and I think security was looking for a sniper in the arena. then the little douch has the nerve to peek up over his gloves and when he found out there would be no penalty he got up and skated off. Now I wonder why the refs would have an issue with him?
Go to Top of Page

Guest8605
( )

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  13:30:30  Reply with Quote
Burrows is awsome. How could you hate a guy that worked his way up from the ECHL like that. Didn't get anything handed too him like say, Gagne, Gilbert or any of those other garbage Oilers. Gagne will never be half the player Burrows is because he is a whiney, entitiled piece of garbage, which if you play for the Oilers gets you a $5 mil/yr contract. And you can't put him in the same league as Cooke. Burrows will fight if he's in that situation, I've seen him do it plenty of times.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  15:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8605

Burrows is awsome. How could you hate a guy that worked his way up from the ECHL like that. Didn't get anything handed too him like say, Gagne, Gilbert or any of those other garbage Oilers. Gagne will never be half the player Burrows is because he is a whiney, entitiled piece of garbage, which if you play for the Oilers gets you a $5 mil/yr contract. And you can't put him in the same league as Cooke. Burrows will fight if he's in that situation, I've seen him do it plenty of times.

If you're gonna trash talk, at least get the guy's name right, otherwise you sound just like misinformed, misaligned, confused, maladjusted, 'wish I could be good heckler', that you are shooting for, yet missing by just that little bit...

It's Gagner(son of former player Dave Gagner, in case you actually are only as old as your post makes you sound)....and entitled? WTF? Can't put him in the same league as Cooke? Burrows fight plenty of times?

Sounds like you're actually the one fighting....to breathe...easy fix though....have someone pull your noggin from your shpincter and it should be fine...

I mean really, as a Guest account? Have some hangers, sign your bad self up and let the trash talk have a face, instead of this....makes me chuckle every time.

I don't even find Burrows to be my least favorite, there are others, but to try and defend his antics by comparing him to others that have nothing to do with anything other than your dislike of a team?.....weak.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  00:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, i can see where guys would hate Burrows. Yes, he's been labelled a diver. Yes, he's chippy. Yes, he's a trash talker. Yes, he's irritating to play against. Yes, he's also proving to be a pretty decent all around player and to see a guy like this have success for another team aside from your own would prob lead one to dislike him? I'm fine with that. Personally, i always disliked Matt Cooke when he was here and was happy to see him go. Not only did he RARELY drop the gloves, he was far more of a dirty / chippy player than Burrows. He crossed "the line" far more often than Burrows does and never was able to contribute more than just being an agitator on the ice. Burrows on the other hand, became a solid third line checker/grinder and when given a chance, progressed to the top line where he found some chemistry with the Sedins.

Beans, I don't agree with the statement that he "NEVER" fights because in fact he has. Also, where did anyone claim him to be an "elite" scorer??? Did i miss something?

Regardless, i think the whole Auger incident has brought a lot of this hatred on however i do know some didn't like him before that anyway? No prob, to each their own. I'm pretty happy he's here and has found some magic with the Sedins......
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page