Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Most Hated NHL Team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Guest9573
( )

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  20:37:45  Reply with Quote
easily the Red wings are my most hated team
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  00:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6578

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

My vote is for Toronto as well. You are right in the fact that most people West of the T-Dot really don't like the Leafs.

Bab's, that hurt. What has Alberta ever done to you?? Oh ya, the Sharks can't beat Alberta in the Play-offs. I understand now.

What does that mean? Is that why the Western Canadian teams demand more games against the Leafs and is that why there are tons of Leaf fans at games when the Leafs play out West?

We are not crazy about the Alberta teams here in Toronto...exactly due to comments like this, "Oh ya, the Sharks can't beat Alberta in the Play-offs"

So apparently the Sharks did not eliminate Calgary from the playoffs just 6 months ago?

Beans post was almost 2 years ago, before the Sharks beat the Flames in the Playoffs, I suggest you read the entry date before accusing someone of getting facts wrong.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4294
( )

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  15:23:14  Reply with Quote
everybody must hate the winnipeg jets thats why they didnt offer up any help when we hit the rocks, betteman just thru us a anvil to save our sinking ship, thanks buddy.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  15:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I mean Toronto and Philly are my 2 most hated NHL team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4982
( )

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  16:17:19  Reply with Quote
Definitely must have been a Toronto fan who started this post. The Leafs are by far the most hated team in Canada (outside of Toronto).
Leafs suck, amen.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4982
( )

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  16:30:16  Reply with Quote
Amen to that brother. The Laughs have been a joke for the last 40 years. Its their fans and the the Toronto biased HNIC that make them the most hated team in Canada outside of TO. I was driving down the 401 to TO one July 1st weekend and spotted no less than 3,,,,,, I repeat 3 vehicles with Leafs car flags,,, in july. What the f***. When the Habs were eliminated from the playoffs last year, people remove their flags the very next day. That's what separates most other teams fans from Leaf fans....
Go to Top of Page

WhalersForever8711
Top Prospect

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  16:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres the top 5 hated teams by other fans in my opinion:
5. New Jersey Devils
4. Montreal Canadiens
3. New York Rangers
2. Detroit Red Wings
1. Toronto Maple Leafs

I can list all the teams that hate all of them too but that would be too much ! The Islanders are only hated by Flyers and Rangers fans. Everyone else sees them as a joke. The Rangers are hated by everyone in their division and then some. The Maple Leafs, forget it ! Name a city ( that actually cares really hard about their team ) that doesnt hate the Maple Leafs...exacttly ! Cant be done ! And they are hated for many different reasons.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4418
( )

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  07:18:48  Reply with Quote
BUFFALO SABRES. Always hated them.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  07:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The writer of this poll must be a Toronto fan because he didn't day Toronto on any of the choices.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6081
( )

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  13:50:05  Reply with Quote
i'm not just saying this because i hate them but leafs. If we're talking about number of people who hate them
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  14:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
with all the trash talk i read in blogs and what not about detroit, i really think detroit should be in there. even before all this current success, you gotta remember the late 80's/early 90's when all they had was maybe 4-5 good skaters. OK, so what's to hate about that? a man by the name of bobby probert. hockey fans love him now, but back then, if you didn't live in michigan, 95% chance you not only didn't like him, YOU HATED HIM! and now, with lots of success, detroit is critisized and trashed on a daily basis. you go to an away game with a wings jersey on, you'll have beer, popcorn, etc.. poured on ya. (I WOULD KNOW, I'M A VICTIM!! DAMN STL FANS!)
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  14:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6375

Why aren't the Leafs on the list? Most of Canada outside of TO hate the Leafs....

I can agree with this as well.
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  14:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baimerr

with all the trash talk i read in blogs and what not about detroit, i really think detroit should be in there. even before all this current success, you gotta remember the late 80's/early 90's when all they had was maybe 4-5 good skaters. OK, so what's to hate about that? a man by the name of bobby probert. hockey fans love him now, but back then, if you didn't live in michigan, 95% chance you not only didn't like him, YOU HATED HIM! and now, with lots of success, detroit is critisized and trashed on a daily basis. you go to an away game with a wings jersey on, you'll have beer, popcorn, etc.. poured on ya. (I WOULD KNOW, I'M A VICTIM!! DAMN STL FANS!)

here im gonna go ahead an quote myself. honestly, i think most detroit haters aren't too big of hockey fans, and if they are, they're of the jealous type. so i'll sit with toronto in the #1 most hated team, doesn't mean I personally hate them, I like them and they're past rosters as well, but they're definitely hated by the majority of hockey fans.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4744
( )

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  14:07:20  Reply with Quote
this is a terrible poll most people don't hate any of those teams
where is Toronto?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4226
( )

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  14:36:41  Reply with Quote
No reason to hate the canadiens, call them french or whatever but reality is they are the most exciting hockey team and most storied franchise. A cup for them this year would be unbelievable.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8135
( )

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  01:32:13  Reply with Quote
Other for the stars cuz the oilers played them (and lost) what seemed like forever from the mid 90s to like 2000
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  07:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After lastnight's game. I hate Lucic and the Bruins so much, I'm on a whole other level now. I can't wait for November 22nd, this game will be one the most heated all year and I can suspect Lucic will get his. This is really turning into a big rivalry now. But just like I said this time last year the B's are a good team, look at their record, and everyone called me crazy.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  17:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing I do not understand is that there are so many people saying that the Leafs do not have any fan base outside of T.O. Yet on any given night, thier games are broadcast (can always find thier game on TV because Leafs = fan support = money) playing almost any team in the league and you can hear Leafs chants "GO LEAFS GO".

If they are so hated why is this occuring and how come you do not see this loyal fan support for any other NHL hockey team outside of thier home areana?

And for those of you that want to see other teams play, order NHL Centre Ice and stop your bitching!!

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  08:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fanoleaf

The thing I do not understand is that there are so many people saying that the Leafs do not have any fan base outside of T.O. Yet on any given night, thier games are broadcast (can always find thier game on TV because Leafs = fan support = money) playing almost any team in the league and you can hear Leafs chants "GO LEAFS GO".

If they are so hated why is this occuring and how come you do not see this loyal fan support for any other NHL hockey team outside of thier home areana?

And for those of you that want to see other teams play, order NHL Centre Ice and stop your bitching!!

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you could argue that the leafs are the most loved team, but you can also argue that they are the most hated. It's just like a point i heard someone say in another forum that Martin Brodeur is on pace to have the most wins, but he is also on pace to have the most losses.

Most of the teams in the league people are indifferent about, other teams like Toronto, Montreal, Detroit etc. are either loved or hated.
Go to Top of Page

Vreds15
Top Prospect

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  06:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MONTREAL... If your a Toronto fan they its got to be MONTREAL

J.Vance
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  08:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guys, i know some of you are new here. but can we try to stop bringing theese topics back to life. like im not trying to be a d***, i just think it would work better if you keep making new topics and click the active topic button and post on the newer topics here. kinda tires of seeing old ones like this being brought back to life

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

mapleloaf
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  08:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a leaf fan I have never been treated with more disdain as I had in Ottawa because of my Leaf Jersey.The city even went so far as to try and ban anyone with a leaf sweater from the building. We were also denied any of the free handouts that evening to all paying customers because of our allegance to our beloved Leafs.Common sense finaly prvailed and we were more then happy to donate to the local food bank instead. At least in Montreal where hockey passion is at its highest the rivalry between Habs and Leaf fans are for the most part freindly.
Come on Ottawa get a life and lighten up a bit.
The saving grace of the evening was Eddie Balfour's 6-0 shutout.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6266
( )

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  10:42:01  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Alberta.

Which Team from Alberta?
Go to Top of Page

Guest5568
( )

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  16:13:44  Reply with Quote
Toronto!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6252
( )

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  16:52:42  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

I voted other for Calgary. Vancouver is a close second though. A poll like this should include every team.

U all hate calgary eh? Calgarys awesome now they make the playoffs almost every year and have good young players but detroits my favorite and I HATE MINNISOTA THEY SUK THEY ONLY HAVE GABORIK AND HES INJURED AND SUKS (but not as much as team lol) and golie suks ands i also hate edmonton only have hemsky and horcoff but i still hate minisota the most they and edmonton should be on the list
Go to Top of Page

Guest6252
( )

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  16:55:11  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6266

quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Alberta.

Which Team from Alberta?

he means both but only one suks EDMONTON LOL
Go to Top of Page

Guest4132
( )

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  10:56:44  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7075

What NHL Team do you hate the most?

Go to Top of Page

Guest4132
( )

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  10:58:45  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7075

What NHL Team do you hate the most?

i hate the rangers the most! and why would anyone be jealous of the stars and their 6th place? the stars are stupid.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2622
( )

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  11:10:57  Reply with Quote
How can any poll of this sort not include the Leaf"s??!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2693
( )

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  11:16:27  Reply with Quote
LEAFS - Need I say more???
Go to Top of Page

Guest2468
( )

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  12:16:38  Reply with Quote
The Penguins. They made fools of themselves during the Stanley cup last year gettig crushed by the Red Wings. To go along with that other NHL teams can hardly even fight or hit any player on the Penguins because the refs jump in breaking it up. Finally, the refs let them get away with many calls. They are a team that needs to start acting like a hockey team and take some hits.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  13:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dunno about NHL team but my least favourite sports team is definitely the New York Yankees! CC and AJ? Oh man!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5897
( )

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  14:13:49  Reply with Quote
Gotta be the Pengiuns and Cindy Crosby
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  15:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to add one more reason why I hate Toronto. It unfortunate, and I definately don't want to paint all of their fans with the same brush, but so many TO fans that I have met or know are the worst bandwagon jumpers in the league. I mean, at trade deadline last year, these fans were speaking the virtues of Mats Sundin and his stance to stay in TO. He didn't want to be a rental player and join a Cup contender near the end of the season.

Now, they are mad he didn't return??? Sure, he is talking out of both sides of his mouth with his comments last year to what he did this year, but so what. It's a business more than a sport. Not only does Sundin have a better chance to win in Vancouver, but he is also getting paid significantly more than TO would have paid him.

We also get the fans that are made that Sundin left as a free agent and that TO didn't get anything for him. Well, again, that's business. It happens all the time all around the league.

Again, not to paint all TO fans with the same brush. There are great TO fans and bad TO fans, just like everyone other team. It just seems to me that it's the bad TO fans that are the most vocal and make the good one's look bad.

Grrrrr. Man I hate the Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

runtman444
Top Prospect

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  21:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CALGARY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4951
( )

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  07:11:33  Reply with Quote
leafs
Go to Top of Page

Guest8319
( )

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  00:27:33  Reply with Quote
As a Canuck's fan, I don't really hate any of the other teams in the NW besides Minnesota. They're a dirty team, I've seen them get away with a lot, and not just against the Canucks. Also I don't like the Ducks, mainly because of their obnoxious fans. Phoenix and Nashville are up there as well, they just don't make any sense being in the NHL. Minnesota is for sure my most hated team though.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  02:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to Guest6375 the guy who said "Most of Canada outside of TO hate the Leafs...." watch the games in Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay, half of the fans in attendance if not more are wearing a Leafs Jersey, But enough of that, lets face it Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit and Toronto are THE most hated and the most loved teams in the NHL it's an old rival thing. Montreal is hated by true fans of Toronto, Detroit and Ottawa and any other NHL team. Ottawa is hatted by any true fan of Toronto and Montreal. Detroit is hatted by any true fan of Montreal and Toronto and any other team in the NHL. And Toronto is hated by any true fan of Montreal, Ottawa and Detroit and also any other fan of any other team..
These 4 teams you either love them or you hate them

Edited by - hanley6 on 02/04/2009 02:46:06
Go to Top of Page

Guest9838
( )

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  08:11:27  Reply with Quote
Hey Beans,

At least one thing you hated about the leafs 2 years ago has changed. i.e. Leafs always play on saturdays, and at home... there's been a number of Saturday's now when the feature on HNIC is Montreal or whoever. Maybe not enough to satisfy Western Canadians but it's a start.

As for the fan hate, can't change that, and since Toronto has so many fans in general, your going to have more dumb ones. It's just quantity. The intelligent leaf fans hate the dumb leaf fans too, so there is a healthy amount of leaf on leaf fan hate (as there probably is for all teams)

The media doesn't help the Leafs either, all these toronto based network's stuff the team's minutia down everyone's throat. Good thing for the raps, the jays and TFC that they're the only Canadian team in those sports or everyone would probably hate them too. I bet all you leaf haters don't mind these other teams but hate the argos right? How many of you watched those 92, 93 world series wins and felt the love for T.O. and Canada?
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  11:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4982

Amen to that brother. The Laughs have been a joke for the last 40 years. Its their fans and the the Toronto biased HNIC that make them the most hated team in Canada outside of TO. I was driving down the 401 to TO one July 1st weekend and spotted no less than 3,,,,,, I repeat 3 vehicles with Leafs car flags,,, in july. What the f***. When the Habs were eliminated from the playoffs last year, people remove their flags the very next day. That's what separates most other teams fans from Leaf fans....

Well, is that why there s***loads of leaf jerseys all across the entire continent? Also, Ive seen hab flags on cars everyday since they went to playoffs last spring, and I live in Toronto! I've sene more hab flags, than I have Leaf ones!
Who the hell are you to tell someone to take a flag off their car anyways? People are fans year round buddy.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page