Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Trade rumours and such Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  03:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=398673

reading this TSN article brought up a few names of players I hadn't herd before, and Dreger is usually well informed, i was not aware Pavlec is considering bolting to the KHL or is it just a tactic to get a huge contract out of his RFA status, also rumblings that Evander Kane wants out of the peg too puts the Jets in a little bit of trouble if these rumours are true, if Kane truley was on the market i believe quite a few teams would have intrest, what would be his value?

1rst round pick plus a decent potential top 9 prospect?, or a mid 1rst rounder with a roster player ? questions questions

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  05:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, let's do the rundown on the big names.

Luongo
We know the Leafs are front and centre on the potential trade for Luongo . . . and now TB is out of the running for that with Lindback signed. Who else might be in for Lou? Well, you'd think Florida is out with that great run from Theodore; and, who else was on that short list of his? I think that's about it. So, not sure if that increases Toronto's bargaining position to get Luongo or not, but there aren't many other possibilities from what I can see. And, I see defence going back the other way. Many people "in the know" in Toronto specualte that a trade may already be in place as a "handshake" deal only to be formalised later. Who knows?

Patty Kane
I think he stays in Chicago. Sounds like a situation where they ask for a very high price, just in case someone bites - and no one has or will. Yet.

Evander Kane
This kid, if he wants out . . . will have considerable value. The Jets - if "forced" to make a deal - will surely look for some solid defence coming back in a trade. I'd really be surprised though if he actually leaves . . . just doesn't sound right.

Edmonton, Columbus and Montreal first round picks
Haven't heard anything yet, but I really do expect to see a deal here, probably from Columbus. Your guess is as good as mine, but I would LOVE to hear some rumours on what is happening here!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  06:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow slzo you didn't even mention nash.
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  07:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear that Pavelec will go to the KHL unless he is offered $4 million a year for multiple years. My question is, is that really too much to ask? Pavelec was the Jets best player last year and in my opinion he deserves at least that much. If I were the Jets Gm I would give him that money in a heartbeat.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  07:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see the Oilers trading their pick unless there is an elite player or prospect involved. I did hear a rumor that the Oilers kicked a tire at TO to move the 1st pick for Gardiner and the 5th pick. No dice.

I think with the uncertainty with this year's draft that very few picks will be traded. There are so many different rankings after the #1 pick that most teams will likely get the guy they want or very close to it.

Quite honestly, I think that any GM that gives in to CBJ's demands for Nash is a complete moron. I heard last night that the demand was the same as at the trade deadline. CBJ was after Chris Kreider; Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin; Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto; plus Brandon Dubinsky and a 1st round pick.

Nash is a great player. But let's face it; he hasn't score more than 35 goals in 3 season. Not only does a team have to sell the farm to get him but then they have to pay him nearly $8 million/season??

Too much.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2683
( )

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  08:13:26  Reply with Quote
I think Columbus has a real good chance at finishing last next season. If Burke is a gambleing man i would try to some how get their first round pick for next years draft. Trade this years pick and a prospect, or next years and a prospect. I know it sounds risky but MacKinnon is the next Crosby and next years first overall pick will be invaluable.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  09:42:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Sensfan here. Pavelec has gotten some serious attention from the KHL and they offered him a contract. Now reports are saying that the Jets will have to offer at least a $4million/multi-year deal, which you're right is not that bad! We have the cap space and Pav was absolutely the best player for us last year. I can't see Winnipeg not signing him to a 4 year/$16m contract. He is worth the money.

As for Evander Kane. Yes, he is a huge asset to the Jets and you can build a franchise around a player like him, he had gotten 30+ goals last year and can only get better! However, he may not have had the best year in Winnipeg; not with the team, but with the city. There are a lot of stories that he has gone out to bars and lounges and bought some drinks and food for people, but then just leaving without paying, and that really frustrates servers and even the restaurant. He also has snubbed a lot of people if they would like an autograph or picture, and I know that his business and i'm sure there were other reasons why, but he is a celebrity and he should realize that this whole city wants to see him.
I know this may not really be something huge that would want Kane out of WInnipeg, because he would certainly get a nice hefty contract, but why would you want to play for a city long term that you don't respect and where people already have these thoughts about you.
If Kane ultimately does decide to leave Wpg, his price tag will be huge and it would be really interesting to see what teams would offer for him. We absolutely would need a top 6 forward, We have the defensive depth, but we definitely need a first line centre.

Edited by - semin-rules on 06/19/2012 09:51:29
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  10:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

Wow slzo you didn't even mention nash.

I can't believe it either! Actually, I erased him off my list by mistake, here is what I ws going to write:

Rick Nash
The asking price remains high supposedly, but of course Columbus wants to get the best bang for their buck, so why not try? It seems as if the Rangers are most likely destination, and especially so after losing to the Devils in the Eastern Conference finals, perhaps needing that ONE piece to put them over. Hey, when you can see the finish line, it makes you do silly things! Even if it's half of what they seem to be asking for from the Rangers . . . it's a pretty silly thing, IMHO.

My bet? Nash goes nowhere all summer, the Jackets get nervous, and he gets dealt in the first week of the season to the Rangers.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  10:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I don't see the Oilers trading their pick unless there is an elite player or prospect involved. I did hear a rumor that the Oilers kicked a tire at TO to move the 1st pick for Gardiner and the 5th pick. No dice.

I think with the uncertainty with this year's draft that very few picks will be traded. There are so many different rankings after the #1 pick that most teams will likely get the guy they want or very close to it.

Quite honestly, I think that any GM that gives in to CBJ's demands for Nash is a complete moron. I heard last night that the demand was the same as at the trade deadline. CBJ was after Chris Kreider; Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin; Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto; plus Brandon Dubinsky and a 1st round pick.

Nash is a great player. But let's face it; he hasn't score more than 35 goals in 3 season. Not only does a team have to sell the farm to get him but then they have to pay him nearly $8 million/season??

Too much.

That's interesting, Beans. Glad that Toronto didn't bit on that, as it sounds a bit steep for Nail . . . but who really knows? It's all on future performance really.

But it's a great point about the different draft rankings after #1, I've seen the same thing. And to throw in a monkey wrench . . . the top 10 is full up with either defencemen (slower developing usually, more risky) or talented, offensive forwards (also seen as risky by man north americans).

Does that mean then that instead of dealing their pick, Columbus just overlooks any of the Russians and drafts someone they think is more "marketable" in Ryan Murray? Are Montreal or the Islanders going to pass on either Grigorenko or Galchenyuk and take a north american d-man?

Frankly Beans, I really think the Oil will get a couple of sweet offers that may make them pause on taking Yakupov. Even my Leafers might take a stab at it, especially as they have a #5 pick where the Oil can safely take a guy who exactly fills their needs (a solid defenceman), but what kind of player on top of the #5 pick would it take to get Yakupov? Well, Gardiner is surely too high, but . . . would Franson or Gunnarsson make it happen? You tell me.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  10:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo - word around town here is that there have been a few (3?) offers for Luongo from various teams. No details of which teams and if they're even ones on his list nor are there details of the actual deals. The rumour is though that these offers and what MG wants are too far apart? I dunno, i still think if Vancouve wants to move forward with Schneider and offload Lu's long contract, Gillis is gonna have to realize that he can't expect the the world in return! If Luongo had 3 more years on his deal, he'd be much more valuable but with the current deal lasting to the next millenium, it's just not plausible to expect a whole lot in return.

Being a local boy, the Evander Kane rumours are swirling here too. If i hear one more "why don't we send the Jets Mason Raymond for Kane" suggestion, i think i'll puke. Kane is a future star in the league. Maybe not on the level of the big big names, but surely in there with guys like Nash, Kessel, Sharp, etc who can put up a ppg and get you 30-40 goals (in the right scenario). It will be interesting to see how this plays out but i bet that if he is on the move, Vancouver will take a stab at aquiring him.

The Nash craziness continues! CBJ is confident that the asking price will remain as high as it was at the deadline and perhaps move even higher??? I don't get it? He was overvalued then and he's overvalued now! Great player, but a long, high contract and a HUGE asking price. Buyer beware!

I think if any of the top 3 trade their pick, it's gonna be Edm and it would be for a swap of high picks with a guy thrown in (like the Gardiner deal that Beans mentioned). This would allow them to move down a spot or two and pick Murray who they seem to need. Still not sure it's gonna happen though seeing as their D isn't as bad as many think it is and they could opt to let them develop for a year or two and go after a "stud dman" in a trade a couple years down the road if they're getting close to challenging for the cup?

How about Jordan Staal? Lot's of talk still about him being moved to Carolina to be with his brother(s). What would it take to land him? How about Carolina's 1st rounder (8th overall)? Throw in a prospect or another pick? I could see this sort of deal being this years draft day blockbuster.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  12:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alex that is TOR blasphemy. ROFL JK but seriousl how scary would the staal brothers be all on one team???
Go to Top of Page

Cyclonis
Top Prospect

Canada
56 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  12:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Nash scored 41 in his second season...

Yep, got off my butt and confirmed he had 41 in 03-04 and 40 in 08-09. Keep in mind he did this IN COLUMBUS! How good could he be with the Sedins? Or Towes, Kane, and/or Hossa? The chemisty obviously wasn't there with J. Carter, too much pressure on Carter maybe who knows...?

Columbus is asking alot for him but he is a big physical guy with great hands that can skate...there is always a price tag on the franchise guy! Lots of nay sayers here on Rick but I would love to see this guy on the Oil!
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  14:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wings sign Helm 4yr 8.5mil. deal.

good sign.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  20:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luongo - I have been hearing that nothing is a done deal yet, and in fact the team has not yet said they'll trade him. While I think its a done deal (how does Luongo come back mentally ready after all the offseason chatter?), MG will do whats best for the team, and if he doesn't get what he wants for Luongo but can get a ridiculous return for Schneider, he may just make his bed with Luongo and trade Schneids. Mistake - I think so, but if the return was substantial...

Kane - agree with Alex, as soon as his name came up Vancouver press went with it. He played his junior hockey with the Giants and has a good relationship with the city. It would take decidedly more than Mason Raymond to get him, I'm thinking more along the lines of Edler straight up, or Raymond + one of our young defensemen (Tanev, Connauton) + a draft pick. I'd hate to lose Edler, but Kane would be an awesome addition to the Canucks.

Nash - I agree with Beans, seriously! Are NYR going to pay that much to get him, that is nuts! CBJ pretty much has to trade him, the price will come down as September approaches.

Parise - not really a trade, but he's about as high profile a UFA as there can be. I think he'll end up in NJ, and thats good all around if he does. If not, his rights will be traded.

Doan - will he resign in PHX, or will someone tempt him out?

Bobby Ryan - his name has once again emerged in trade rumours, and I think ANA might actually do it this time. Lots of teams would have interest.

Edited by - nuxfan on 06/19/2012 20:57:49
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  21:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the Bobby Ryan rumours are abound once again and this really diminishes Nash's value in a way. Ryan is a younger, cheaper version of Nash and could sway a lot of interest his way and take the value of Nash down! Not good news for CBJ! The argument here of course would be that Nash has put up very similar numbers while playing with far less talent than Ryan has being that Ryan's been a regular with Getzlaf and Perry.

The Luongo watch is very interesting. I just can't see Gillis not dealing him though. It would have to be one heckuva return on Schneider to move him at this point but considering the return he could bring, it'd be very interesting. Just can't see Luongo wanting to be here at all after the way it played out, no matter what either side of this says! Still think Gillis is gonna have to cave and take either a smaller return for Lu, or a fairly big contract in return. Last thing i read on Lu to TO was that Burkie is demanding that a contract goes the other way. I'm guessing that's a Komisarek or Phaneuf?

As for Evander Kane, i think with Edler's uninspired play in the playoffs and parts of last season (he really didn't take the big step forward that many pegged him for) it'd take more than just him straight up. I'd throw in our late first rounder (26th) and even another lower pick to land Kane. He's oozing with potential and i'd love to see him in a Canucks jersey!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  22:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a deal that Ott has allegedly offered for Rick Nash.....

To Ott: Nash

To CBJ: Ott's 1st round pick 2012 ( 15th overall), Nick Foligno, goalie Ben Bishop and highly touted Swedish prospect Mika Zibanejad.

Pretty nice package, but from what we heard the asking price was, this won't be nearly enough.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9234
( )

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  08:08:24  Reply with Quote
Big rumour going around Montreal is P.K. Subban going to Edmonton along with a switch of their first overall picks and Oscar Klefbom going to Montreal.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  10:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly, Slozo I think the Gardiner + 5th pick for the 1st pick is right. If Yakupov is the Bure type player people say he is then the deal is good. I don't think the Oilers benefit from any of the other Leaf defensemen. Maybe Franson but only if he returns to form.

The Subban rumors have been going around for months, but this one is absurd!! Klefbom was just defensemen of the tournament at the WJC. Why would the Oilers move him and the #1 pick for Subban and the #5 (which would be Murray or Reinhart)? I can't see the Oilers doing this deal. I think this a media driven hope from the Montreal perspective.

I just read a story that quoted Kevin Lowe in an interview with Dan Tencer (Edm radio). The quote was, "Lowe tells me absolutely no serious offers on the 1st overall pick. He says, “my sense is that we’ll pick”. Offer would have to be huge …”" Part of the story also stated it is unlikely the Leafs will move up or down from the #5 spot (although unquoted).

It is so rare that top 5 picks are trades that I don't expect anything to be different this year. Yakupov, Hall, RNH, Eberle. The Oilers will just go back firewagon hockey and beat teams 5-4 every night. Serious firepower in Etown.

Edited by - Beans15 on 06/20/2012 10:15:41
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  12:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Firstly, Slozo I think the Gardiner + 5th pick for the 1st pick is right. If Yakupov is the Bure type player people say he is then the deal is good. I don't think the Oilers benefit from any of the other Leaf defensemen. Maybe Franson but only if he returns to form.

The interesting part of the Montreal / Edm / Subban rumours to me is that if there's any truth to them at all, it seems Montreal is VERY keen on getting that first overall pick! I heard Subban and the 3 for the 1 which i think is steep, but Klefbom swings that deal in the Habs favor and is asking too much. Maybe Subban and the 3 for MPS and the 1? Omark? Dunno, but Subban and the 3 seems steep to me, but then maybe that's my bias playing in as i'm a huge Subban fan.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  13:59:18  Reply with Quote
I never heard this in any rumors but how about:
To Edmonton: 2nd Overall Pick and Jack Johnson
To Columbus: 1st Overall Pick, Ryan Whitney and Linus Omark
Would you pull the trigger being either GM?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  14:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4315

I think that Edm give up too much there if Yakupov is as good as he's been pegged? I've heard rumours saying had Galchenyuk not been injured, he may have developed into the #1 pick and still could be the best player in this draft???
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  14:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

To CBJ: Ott's 1st round pick 2012 ( 15th overall), Nick Foligno, goalie Ben Bishop and highly touted Swedish prospect Mika Zibanejad.

Pretty nice package, but from what we heard the asking price was, this won't be nearly enough.

thats to much
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  14:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is making the assumption that Jack Johnson is better than Ryan Whitney. Which I think it at best arguable. Frankly, I think Whitney is as good as Johnson and the only leg up would be the age of the players.

Plus, the Oilers are looking to improve their defense. This is close to a wash. Bad idea in my books.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  14:49:56  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

This is making the assumption that Jack Johnson is better than Ryan Whitney. Which I think it at best arguable. Frankly, I think Whitney is as good as Johnson and the only leg up would be the age of the players.

Plus, the Oilers are looking to improve their defense. This is close to a wash. Bad idea in my books.

Beans, are you saying you would rather have Whitney over Johnson?!? I agree Whitney and Johnson are both Elite Defensmen. However Whitney is injured most of the time while Johnson is breaking out huge. Not only did he completely dominate as captain of the U.S. but he also was a key factor in Canada losing. Maybe your opinion of Johnson is low from not doing as much when having to share ice-time with Doughty or just playing on the worst team (Colombus). If you haven't noticed Johnson is an excellent captain, excellent defensemen and he still has 3-5 point games. If you still think the trade is no good for Edmonton that's fine. However A top defensemen now and then Edmonton's choice of future top defensemen seems pretty good for an injured top defensemen, Yakupov, and Omark (who wants to be top 6 and not on a farm team and he likely ain`t making top 6 in Edmonton anytime soon unless we trade away Hemsky or Gagner). So if you still feel the trade is no good, what would you change to make it work or is it just not even interesting to you at all?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  14:51:52  Reply with Quote
By the way Jack Johnson went 2nd when drafted
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  15:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

thats to much

Totally agree. That is way too much. Bishop is a stud goalie, Foligno is a regular and Zibanejad is Ottawa's top prospect and then the 1st round pick. Ottawa could do much better with the piece's than Nash.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  16:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not saying I would take Whitney over Johnson but I don't I would make a trade involving one for the other. Whitney did have to deal with an injury. But one injury is not always injured.

Let's look at the two players statistically for a second.

Whitney has played 440 games, has 246 pts and is -16
Johnson has played 364 games, has 138 pts and is -85

Whitney has proven to be a better scorer over a longer period of time, is more responsible defensively, and takes fewer penalties. So again, other than age, there isnt a difference large enough to say that is an upgrade for the Oilers. Johnson might be a it more durable too but not significantly in my book.

When looking at the deal, I would absolutely prefer to keep the pick and take Yakupov and have Whitney than have Johnson and Murrey or Reinhart.

It's not that I don't like Johnson. I think he is a fine player. But he is not a worth while enough upgrade on Whitney to make this trade.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  07:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Let's look at the two players statistically for a second.

Whitney has played 440 games, has 246 pts and is -16
Johnson has played 364 games, has 138 pts and is -85

Whitney has proven to be a better scorer over a longer period of time, is more responsible defensively, and takes fewer penalties. So again, other than age, there isnt a difference large enough to say that is an upgrade for the Oilers. Johnson might be a it more durable too but not significantly in my book.

So Beans . . . what you are saying is, that +/- is a way to measure a defenceman's defensive ability?

(hey - someone has to keep this guy accountable!)

Ok, ok . . . back to trade talk.

The more I listen to the constant stream of Luongo talk on Toronto radio . . . the more I am being swayed by a couple of voices that this Luongo to the Leafs thing is far from a done deal.
Points made:
1) No way does a deal get done before Schneider gets signed to a longer term deal. Makes sense, obviously.
2) Leafs management and Nucks management are not exactly "buddies". Even if a deal is made, it could take a while to get there.
3) Although the Vancouver talk about other suitors is likely a BS negotiating tactic . . . the Leafs do in fact have other options. Especially through trade (Bernier in LA, Pavelec in the Peg maybe) and especially since Leafs management still might think Reimer can be the starter - and who knows, he could - maybe the rumour is nothing more than that

With Toronto, a big deal - and Luongo qualifies as that - is usually preceded by unusual quiet and no rumours beforehand of the deal.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  09:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Touche Slozo. +/- can be a comparison defensively. Is can also be a comparison offensively. Ultimately, it is "a" comparison, not 'the' comparison.When looking at a player who has 246 pts and is -16 compared to a player with 138 pts who is -85, there is an indication of performance isn't there?? Could be defensive or offensive, but a performance indication none the less.

Back to the point, the bottom line is that Johnson is not a big enough upgrade in any area of the ice to warrent this trade.

Luongo is dead to me. As is Nash. I think they are nothing but media fodder as there is little else going on. Honestly, I think VAN is hoping for an NBAesque amnisty clause in the next agreement so they can rip up Bobby's contracts and put the guy into the free agent market.

Psss, if that happens then Horcoff is history in Edmonton and DiPietro won't be getting his disability cheques from NYI anymore either. I'm sure we could list at least one contract from every team that would be gone. Gomez, Komisarek, Gonchar, Bouwmeester, Ohlund, the list could go on and on and on.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  17:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peronally i don't think that the Luongo trade talks are "fodder" by the media whatsoever. Sure, they're using it to create rumours and have something to talk about, but let's face it, Luongo is 100% "on the block". There's no doubt the Canuck's are shopping him to those interested and it's not just a move by media to have something to discuss!

I too heard that the Schneider contract situation could be what's stalling a move of Luongo but i also think that Gillis might be asking too much. I keep reading how Toronto's options are thinning out with every goalie moving or signing (Vokoun, Lindback, Harding) but so too are Vancouver's as far as viable landing spots for Roberto!

Slozo....I think Burke would prob love to have a young guy like Bernier, but at the same time, he needs someone who's proven. Sure, Bernier's got some experience and maybe more than some others, but Luongo pretty much guarantee's them the postseason and that's something that Burke is prob realizing is a must as far as his job security goes! Also, what would Bernier cost the Leafs? Do they have what it takes? There's been speculation that Bernier would fetch the Kings as much or more than Schneider would the Canucks and the rumours of a return on him were pretty much out of the Leafs territory you'd think. I just don't know if Burke has enough to offer up for Jonathan Bernier?
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  18:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
seems like staall wants to see what would happen with a trade. just refused a 10 year 60 mil deal with the pens. this post season is so exciting. lol
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  19:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mandrel, where did you hear this dollar amount? All news I hear has unknown $$$... I highly doubt it was 6m per season though, to play 3rd line minutes... Unless they are hedging bets about Crosby? PIT can't afford 25m for 3 centers. No team can, even if they're the best top-3 in the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  19:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1231482-nhl-trade-rumors-jordan-staal-turns-down-massive-extension-from-penguins
don't how credible the source is. it is one of the sites that i visit for rumors.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  20:10:40  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

seems like staall wants to see what would happen with a trade. just refused a 10 year 60 mil deal with the pens. this post season is so exciting. lol

Doesn't mean he wants to get traded. Staal has one more year left on his contract. Obviously you have to give up something big to get Staal. Would you give up something big for him? Of course you would if it filled your needs. But what if he walks away after his contracts done? Then you look like a retard of a GM. Penguins know this. Therfore they would know signing him longer would make it easier to trade him.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  06:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but a 10 year deal doesnt and staal knows that. 10 years is a long time if it was 2 or 3 more years then yeah it would be easier to trade him but 10 is huge.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page